WWE 2K17 Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Sweepstakes may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Sweepstakes is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia.
- Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least 18 years of age. Void outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of 2K Games, Inc. (“Sponsor”), GameStop Inc.. and parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Sweepstakes materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry, for whatever reason, including, but not limited to, a perceived or actual conflict of interest. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Start/End Dates. Entry period begins at 12:00:01 PM PT on July 11, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on July 24, 2016 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter. To enter the Sweepstakes: Read the Official Rules and then visit participating GameStop stores located in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia during the Sweepstakes Period to locate the WWE 2K17 Brock Lesnar Standee.
Take a photo (“Photo”) of yourself with a WWE 2K17 Brock Lesnar Standee. Once you have taken a Photo of yourself with the WWE 2K17 Brock Lesnar Standee, log onto your Twitter account. Follow the links and instructions to become a follower of Sponsor’s page on Twitter, located at @WWEGames (“Sponsor’s Twitter Page”). Tweet the Photo of yourself with the WWE 2K17 Brock Lesnar Standee using with the hashtags #GAMESTOP2K17 and #sweepstakes to be entered into the Sweepstakes. Your tweet must include the Photo of yourself with the WWE 2K17 Brock Lesnar Standee and the hashtags #GAMESTOP2K17 and #sweepstakes.
You must be an active holder of a non-private Twitter account and be a follower of the @WWEGames to be eligible to enter this Sweepstakes via Twitter (i.e., you must make sure your tweets are set to “public” and not “private”). You must have a Twitter account to enter via this method. If you do not have a Twitter account, you can create one by visiting www.twitter.com. Twitter accounts are free.
If you choose to enter via Twitter using your mobile device, standard data fees may apply. You should consult your wireless service provider's pricing plan for details. You agree to incur any and all charges demanded by your wireless carrier. You should also check your device's features for capabilities and check the device manual for specific use instructions.
All entry information, Photos, tweets, and posts shall be collectively referred to herein as the “Submissions” or each as a “Submission.” All Submissions must comply with the Guidelines and Restrictions (as defined below), as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this Sweepstakes in the event an insufficient number of entries are received that meet the minimum judging criteria.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to his Submission: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of all aspects of the Submission, apart from any of Sponsor’s intellectual property, including copyrights, trademarks, designs, artwork (collectively, “Sponsor IP”), which may only be used pursuant to the limited license described more fully herein; (b) apart from any included Sponsor IP, the Submission is entrant’s own creation; (c) the Submission will not infringe on any rights of any third party, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity and/or any other intellectual property right and will not include the name, photo, or likeness of any third parties unless they have the permission of said third parties; (d) the Submission complies with the Guidelines and Restrictions (defined below); and (e) the Submission has not been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind, won any kind of award and/or been exhibited or displayed publicly through any means.
Limit one (1) Submission per person. Entrants are not permitted to submit more than one Submission during the Sweepstakes Period. Duplicate Submissions by the same person will be subject to disqualification. Each submission may only be entered once during the Sweepstakes Period. All terms and conditions of Twitter.com apply. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any Twitter account, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register on the platform will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries, including Submissions, become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed submissions are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
- Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that his or her Submission conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove any Submission and disqualify an entrant from the Sweepstakes if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the entrant’s Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or any other intellectual property rights;
- The Submission must not disparage Sponsor, the WWE, GameStop, Brock Lesnar, or any other person or party;
- The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks of any entity other than the Sponsor IP, which entrant has a limited license to use for the sole purpose of creating a Submission in this Sweepstakes;
- The Submission must not contain footage, images or artwork not created by entrant or owned by Sponsor;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Submission is created.
- Entrants acknowledge that other entrants may have used ideas and/or concepts in their Submission that may have similarities to ideas or concepts included in entrant’s Submission, and entrants understand and agree that they shall not in any way be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarities. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes, including interpretation and application of these Official Rules.
- License. Providing a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to grant Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for any purpose whatsoever, including for promotional or marketing purposes (except where prohibited).
- Independently Developed Submissions. Each entrant understands and agrees that Sponsor’s use in matters independently developed of material similar to or identical with the Submission or containing features or elements similar to or identical with those contained in the Submission will not obligate Sponsor to negotiate with entrant, nor will it entitle entrant to any compensation of any kind. Each entrant agrees and acknowledges that nothing herein shall preclude Sponsor from using any material in or similar to the Submission without obligation to entrant, including, but not limited to, if Sponsor has or has determined that it has an independent legal right to use such other material, including without limitation, because such features or elements were not new or novel, or were not originated by entrant, or were or may hereafter be independently created by or submitted to Sponsor.
- Random Drawing/Odds. On or about July 25, 2016, one (1) potential winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Random Drawing will be conducted by Sponsor. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by the governing rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
- Prizes. One (1) winner will receive a trip to Orlando, Florida to attend WrestleMania 33 with one (1) Guest. The trip includes two (2) round-trip coach air tickets from a major regional airport near the winner’s homes to one of the major regional airports near Orlando, Florida, two (2) nights of double-occupancy hotel accommodations for the winner and Guest (two (2) people per hotel room) in a standard hotel room or equivalent, $500.00 USD spending money, transportation to/from airport and hotel, and two (2) passes to WrestleMania 33 held on April 2, 2017 in Orlando, Florida. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of any prize or part of prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Any and all taxes and unspecified expenses are the responsibility of winner. Limit one (1) prize will be awarded.
Winner and Guests must travel on dates designated by Sponsor (arriving on Saturday, April 1, 2017 and departing on Monday, April 3, 2017). Exact travel dates to be determined by Sponsor subject to availability and other restrictions. Winner and Guests are responsible for any travel requirements. (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $2,800 USD). Actual value of trip may vary based on point of departure and airfare fluctuations. Any difference between stated approximate retail value and actual value of Prize will not be awarded. All prize details not specified in the Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Selection of airline and hotel are solely within Sponsor’s discretion. Meals, gratuities, luggage fees, incidental hotel charges and any other travel-related expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of winner. All travel must be taken on dates specified or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate; no alternative travel dates are available. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. If in the judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to winner's proximity to Orlando, Florida, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. The difference in value will not be awarded to the winner. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any prize-related services or accommodations. Additional prize award details and travel information to be provided to the Winner at the time of notification. Winner and Guests are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged.
ALL ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT SPONSOR SHALL HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO POST, DISPLAY, OR OTHERWISE USE ANY SUBMISSIONS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WINNING SUBMISSION. FOR SAKE OF CLARITY, ENTRANTS UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT EVEN IF ENTRANT IS A WINNING SUBMISSION SPONSOR IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO USE THE WINNING SUBMISSION FOR ANY PURPOSE WHATSOEVER. HOWEVER, SPONSOR WILL HAVE THE RIGHT, BUT NOT THE OBLIGATION, AS DETERMINED BY IT IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION, TO USE ANY SUBMISSION. IF ANY SUBMISSION IS USED BY SPONSOR, INCLUDING THE WINNING SUBMISSION, ENTRANTS WILL NOT RECEIVE ANY COMMISSION ON ANY PRODUCTS OR MERCHANDISE WITH SUCH ENTRANT’S SUBMISSION (IF APPLICABLE).
- Notification. Potential winners will be notified on or about July 26, 2016, and may be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and/or rights transfer document within five (5) days of receipt.
Each potential winner will be notified by Sponsor via a direct message on Twitter (note: in order to receive such direct message, potential winner has to (a) be following @WWEGames and (b) may have to have his/her Tweet Privacy settings “unchecked”) or reply to the potential winner’s Submission. The potential winner will be required to email Sponsor within five (5) calendar days in order to claim their prize.
If any potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any potential winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Sweepstakes rules and requirements, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries (time permitting). No compensation will be given upon prize forfeiture.
- Conditions. Sponsor shall not be liable or responsible in the event any entrant or winner’s Submission is not used for any reason. Submissions may be cut, edited, reformatted, rearranged, combined with other materials and/or otherwise modified, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Any and all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in Sweepstakes and acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state and country), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, Submission and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Gamestop, Twitter, Inc. and their respective partners and promotion and advertising agencies and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively, the “Released Entities”), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
- Additional Terms. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth in Section 3 above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. The Released Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Sweepstakes, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT’S ACCESS TO AND USE OF SPONSOR’S PAGE AND/OR THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND/OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO ENTRANT. CHECK ENTRANT’S LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- Disputes; Governing Law. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, City of New York.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the County of New York in the State of New York. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
- List of Winners. To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by August 22, 2016 to: WWE 2K16 Sweepstakes Winner’s List Request, 2K Games, Inc., 10 Hamilton Landing, Novato, CA 94949 (United States).
- Sponsor. 2K Games, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of the United States company Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. The Sponsor’s address is 2K Games, Inc., 10 Hamilton Landing, Novato, CA 94949 (United States).
THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH TWITTER. YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO SPONSOR AND NOT TO TWITTER.